Growing up, I would never touch mayonnaise! I hated the gloopy texture, the gag-worthy smell, and what is it made out of anyway?! I love that the paleo way of eating emphasizes whole, recognizable foods, and even the most skeptical, picky eater will recognize every single one of the wholesome ingredients in this mayonnaise!
Nothing scary to be found here! This mayo is so versatile, and it can be a great condiment to have on hand to make a variety of fun lunches and snacks.
- Whisk with a little water and some chopped anchovies for Caesar dressing
- Mix with salmon and avocado and eat with plantain chips for a quick lunch
- Make into chicken salad with chopped chicken, apples, grapes, celery, and walnuts, and eat on lettuce wraps
- Add fresh chopped dill, parsley, and some full-fat buttermilk for ranch dressing
- Blend with avocado, fresh basil, fresh mint, and a little water for green goddess dressing
- Use as a base for so many different dipping sauces! Add sriracha, honey mustard, barbeque sauce, get creative! Kids will love dipping baked potato wedges into any of these yummy sauces.
Those are just a few ideas. I would love to see what you all come up with! Post your pictures of this mayonnaise and what you make with it on Instagram and share with me @paleostateofmind!
1 cup olive oil, divided
1 lemon, juiced
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
In a blender, combine ¼ cup olive oil and all remaining ingredients. Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes. Blend until combined. Incorporate the remaining ¾ cup of olive oil by adding ¼ cup at a time, blending thoroughly after each addition. You will hear the mixture getting thicker as it emulsifies. So cool!